This is a comprehensive online training program providing career encapsulation and cabin service standards for becoming a successful corporate flight attendant/flight technician.
This program is designed as a compliment to your acquired corporate-specific cabin safety training.
A Business Aviation Cabin Crewmember responsibilities may go well beyond providing premium in-flight service aboard executive business jets. The duties and responsibilities list can be endless; Cabin Safety Professional, Ambassador, Host, Greeter, Inflight Server, Caregiver, Butler, Concierge, Menu Planner, Cook, Chef, Dog Sitter, Nanny, Event Planner, Stager and Displayer, Bartender, Cleaner, Valet, Troubleshooter, Magician, Organizer, Liaison, Councilor, Mentor, Coach, Recruiter, Trainer, Hiring Manager, Toilet Cleaner, Bed Maker, Therapist, Baggage Handler, Secretary, Inventory Master, Travel Coordinator, Housekeeping, Professional Shopper, Activities and Entertainment Director, Launderer, and more!
The majority of executive aircraft require only one cabin attendant onboard so you must possess the skills in order to plan, create, and serve your clients in a variety of services; ranging from casual, formal, to perhaps five-star. Preparing gourmet style meals can be challenging enough in any environment let alone preparing them in an extremely limited workspace at 41,000+ feet under time management pressures.
There are no second chances at a first impression. Professionalism, style and presentation are to be displayed to the fullest at all times. Challenge yourself to give 100% on each and every flight. Set your personal and inflight service standards to the highest degree. Wow them with your personality, attention to detail, organization, and the learned skills provided in The Gateway program.
Every client onboard should experience the “WOW! factor.”
12 Modules | 70+ Subchapters
This online program is a combination of online instruction and commentary by the highly respected and regarded corporate flight attendant/industry expert, Scott D. Arnold.
Training modules are all narrated audio visual and read only presentations.
Includes: The Gateway Reference Manual, Quick Reference Guides, Checklists, and Forms. Certificate of Completion and unlimited access to The Gateway modules for two years.
- Defining the Corporate Flight Attendant
- Introduction to Business Aviation
- Types of Positions
- Passports & Visas
- Professional Attire & Luggage
- Hotel and Airline Memberships
- Business Jet Manufacturers
- Salaries & Daily Rates
- Travel Expenses & Credit Cards
- Crew IDs
- Terminology | Acronyms | Registration Codes
- 24-Hour Clock | Dates and Time Zones
- Chain of Command
- Business Jet Virtual Tours
- Main Cabin Doors/Entry
- Cabin Seating Configurations
- Tables, Berths and Compartments
- Connectivity & Cabin Systems
- Galleys and Standard Tools/Utensils
- Luggage Compartments
- Trip Preparedness
- What to Pack
- Personal Service Tools Kit
- Trip Sheet | Flight Operation Apps
- Cabin Staging and Service Supplies
- Business Aviation Catering
- Packaging & Containers
- Cold Storage
- Placing an Order
- International Customs & Catering
- Catering Restrictions, Diets and Cultural
- Food Safety Handling Review
- Type of Assigned Trip
- Various Service Levels
- Timing Guidelines
- Menu Planning
- How to Properly Address Your Clients
- FBO Arrival
- Cabin Staging
- Ready for Departure
- Client Arrival Choreography
- Cabin Ready for Departure
- Serving Standards & Service Flow/Timing
- Serving Trays
- Hot Towels
- Table Settings
- Serving and Clearing
- Plating Standards
- Wine, Champagne, Mixology, Cordials
- Coffee, Tea
- Bed Systems
- Making a Bed/Berthing a Bed
- Turn Down Service
- Refreshing a Bed
- Restocking and Refreshing
- Best Practices
- International Customs and Immigration
- Arrival Procedures & Duties
- Client/Passenger Off Boarding
- Crew Swaps/Rotations
- Interior Detailing
- Client Preference Lists
- Expense Reports
- Invoicing as an Independent Contractor
- Now What?
- Recommended Additional Training Options
- Self-Marketing Tips and Techniques
- Mentoring & Resources
- Closing Remarks
The Gateway + The Professional You + SMART Traveler
These three Sājet bundled programs provide the most robust and comprehensive career preparedness training package available for corporate flight attendants/flight technicians. Period.
Providing best practices to achieve career success, giving you the professional edge.
This comprehensive online course includes 15 modules and over 40 subchapters (which are all voice-over videos or audio narration), featuring: | Introduction Letter | Resume | Business Etiquette | "Netiquette" | Self-Marketing and Networking Skills | Communication Assessment | Business Cards | Interview Skills and Techniques (Phone, Virtual and In-Person) | Your Business. Plus, 12 "Office Hours" module video summaries by Scott D. Arnold
Presented by Scott D. Arnold
Health and personal safety threats for global travelers is a reality. Frequent travelers often fall into a complacent mindset as travel is a normal daily grind for many of us. Whether traveling domestically or abroad as novice travelers, crew members, business professionals, or private jet clients, you should always pack your personal safety mindset.
Presented by Scott D. Arnold